February rushes along. The sewage saga continues, I’ve now contacted my MP who is helping pursue the issue and Toynbee Legal advice centre are writing a stern letter to my council housing repairs team.
But my health is not good and it is all getting me down somewhat.
Everything feels so grim, the sewage, the weather, my health, work, the no deal Brexit shenanigans.
And it being February as well, a cold difficult month full of remorse and heart break.
Still I’ve had worse February’s, like the one I had an operation, which was very painful, and the one where, due to a doctor’s misdiagnosis of medication I had kidney failure. So far this February has been a lot better than those two.
So, the good things about this February-
1. I’m not in hospital. Hurrah!
2. I’m enjoying playing around with animating some old stories of mine. All stop frame paper cutouts and badly done, but good fun!
2. I’ve managed to get a friend to read Geek Love, and he phones me almost every day to remind me how good/funny/dark/disgusting it is.
3. I had a one eyed alien come and visit me the other day. Very large, neon green and rather a blob of a creature. Incredibly frightening during the visit but now it seems ridiculous, like a children’s cartoon character.
4. I’m also hallucinating lots of cats everywhere at the moment, which is a bit distressing because I think I’m treading on them, or knocking them off of things, but a bit nicer than the the normal insects.
5. Listened to Begotten’s track recordings the other nightwhich sound surprisingly good.
6. I’m playing with Gardyloo Spew and MFU in an improvisational band in Brighton this Sunday!
7. I’ve decided to create a tape recording of Miss Roberts stories, with various invited musicians to do sound effects and backing.
8. Have broken at least half my New Years resolutions and am feeling surprisingly satisfied with this.
9. There is now recorded a new Rude Mechanicals single, all ready and waiting to be launched in the next couple of months.
10. I quite enjoy writing relatively pointless numbered lists
Found this picture earlier, it is surprisingly like the alien that visited me, funny, I drew it about 15 years ago for a children’s book I was writing. I long for summer days walking through long grass, eating strawberries and spending long evenings drinking cocktails on some terrace somewhere exotic…