I looked up my resolutions for last year and realise I’ve broken all of them apart from the first one and the last one. I’m very happy I succeeded with two, though admittedly my organisation abilities have only improved enough for an ant to recognise
1. Get even more organised, so much so a creature the size of an elephant might notice
2. Make lots of money from my art work (thus expanding on last year’s successful 6th resolution)
3. Get fit – yoga, gym, swimming – for god sake woman just some form of exercise!
4. Finish the tree book Or at least read through it – the other year I wrote and illustrated a book about my explorations of trees – the first draft is written, I now need to build up enough stamina to read it through without cringing
5. Go to bed and get up earlier
6. Eat less sweet things (these last two are boring resolutions I will almost certainly break)
7. Drink less. (Spent New Year’s Day being hideously ill, someone remind me my tablets don’t mix too well with alcohol)
8. Apply for grants for the Library to get a permanent residence?? (Again, really?)
A very happy new year to everyone who reads this! Below is a lucky dancing gnome/elf seeing in the year.